Hans Alimentacion

I still wonder what alimentación means till this day...hmm. Google translate gave 'feeding' as result. ^O^ Okay..I get the gist. The word has something to do with food. Hehehe..

Today..I'm gonna write about Hans Alimentacion. A Korean mini-market in the middle of Madrid.

Why do I write about Korean food when I'm here in Madrid?!! I don't know the reason for sure myself but a big part of me still misses Korea and Korean food. Arghh...정말 정말 그립다 한식을.. 

The reason why is because I want to eat 'Tteokbokki'. I once said to my friend that I will not miss any Korean food in future except this special one. Tteokbokki!!

Well..that craving brought my feet to Hans Alimentacion.  

When I stepped into the shop, I said my greeting..Annyeonghaseyo and there were two ahjussis (older men) inside who were surprised at my speech. 

My husband urged me to speak Korean with them and I did. The feeling...as if I have met my countrymen, as close as that hahaha. I was so giddy with excitement...반갑다

It is a small mini-market but sufficient to say that I could buy most of the ingredients to make Tteokbokki. The shop also sell Kimchi and the owner offered for 3.50 euros but I am not Korean so I definitely can survive without Kimchi here in Madrid...hehe.

Look at what I bought!

You can substitute 물엿 (corn syrup)
with sugar or honey but I always prefer 물엿.

It was pricey but what the heck! I don't care..I don't buy these everyday. 

This is the result. Tadaaaa!!

I followed the recipe from Maangchi.

How to go to Alimentación Hans?

See that ahjussi? Hehe..


Walk out from exit: Calle de los Reyes
of Plaza de España metro station, Line 3 or 10.
It takes about 5-10 minutes from the exit to the shop.

Address:

Labels: