Souvenirs from Granada


If you go to Granada, don´t forget to visit Alcaiceria. As we stayed at Los Tilos Hotel, Alcaiceria was just right under our nose. Literally speaking..hehehe..walking distance is about less than a minute.

Alcaiceria is the great bazaar of Granada and it is a place full of shops selling souvenirs either handmade or not. We bought our Granada fridge magnets here; three for five euros.

Read more about the interesting story of Alcaiceria here.


Above was the book that I bought after an amazing and breathtaking tour of Alhambra. I was practically awed by the art and craft on the walls of the Nasrid Palace and was really curious to know its´ meaning and if there is any particular story behind them. Hence I bought the book. Totally recommended. 

And...that cactus fruit, is our memory on the last day near San Miguel Alto. ^^



The above picture was taken at a shop near my house in Villaverde Bajo. After having these fruits plucked at Alhambra, I just couldn´t contain my laughter after having seen the same one just right at our home the week after our trip. Hehehe...Higos chumbo is its name. Very cute name right?

¨This fruit are typically eaten, minus the thick outer skin, after chilling in a refrigerator for a few hours. They have a taste similar to a juicy, extra sweetwatermelon. The bright red/purple or white/yellowish flesh contains many tiny hard seeds that are usually swallowed, but should be avoided by those who have problems digesting seeds.¨-from Wikipedia.



We bought te de granada tea, rooibos canabis tea and also miel con almendras (honey with almond) in total of 12 euros. I especially love the smell of te de granada and could not wait to try!! 


This tea shops selling various types of infused tea reminded me of my good friend Min Young so much!! She will definitely love these teas and also appreciate Granada as I did. I miss you Min Young..sarang hae!!


Lastly, not to forget was to get both of our names written in Arabic Caligraphy by a Moroccan artisan on the way to Granada Cathedral. Small for 1 euro and big for 2 euros but we combined our names in one card hence we were charged 3 euros. Fair enough. ^^

Labels: